"There is an Indian proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms. A physical, an emotional, a mental and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person."

Rumer Godden 1907 - 1998

Monday, 2 September 2013

Playing Hooky

My renewed interest in my Lily Blanket has given me a real craving to crochet on a blanket sized scale!

Lily's grown by 4 lovely floral motifs over the last week. The gaps in last week's photos are starting to fill, which makes it easier to work.

I don't have many quantities of yarn that will be sufficient to satisfy the craving for a large scale full blown blanket , so some yarn intended for Peerie Flooers has been subverted into the beginnings of a small Neat Ripple Pattern blanket taken from the tutorial on the Attic 24 blog. I already know when I get a bit further down the line with this project that I will need to buy some additional yarn. I won't feel too badly about  this as I've always given myself permission to buy yarn to finish projects.



I'm working two rows of ripple in each colour from the bottom picture each set between pairs of 2 rows of the beautiful deep blue as I have 4 skeins of this. I'll work in this way until I run out of yarn and then think about how best to add a border. It's looking quite pretty even if I do say so myself.



I've moved a quantity of Stylecraft DK from the "I must find a home for this yarn" bag back into my stash knowing it'll work up quickly into a blanket of some description. I've also taken a large quantity of cotton out of my trade/ sell tab on Ravelry which might be ok for a blanket of some sort.

There's no gardening news this week, our Albanian builders are back this week so its mostly been prepping for their visit.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Your blanket IS beautiful--I just looked at Stylecraft online and the colors are just so pretty. I wonder if we can get it here in the States? I and my friends will not knit with acrylic bought here locally as it is generally garbage! I sure love looking at Attic 24-such pretty things.
*smiles*

mysparemoments.com said...

Gorgeous blanket and I love the colours you've chosen and how to work them in with the dark blue, which btw I think is a great back drop. Is that Rowan ? I've my eye on that for my Peerie Flooers. Looking forward to seeing what the builders have been doing.

Claire said...

Ruth, the yarn is Rowan Fine Tweed. My selection has one colour that's different from the original scheme for Peerie Flooers, I have a feeling it might be the brightest blue

Kepanie said...

I really like that array of colors you're using for this ripple. I believe one of my knitting group mates used that Rowan Felted Tweed and I got to molest it a couple of times. It's so soft.

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

The blanket is looking gorgeous, I love the colour combination!

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment, I do read all the comments made and appreciate the time you've spent reading my blog and making your comments.