"There is an Indian proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms. A physical, an emotional, a mental and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person."

Rumer Godden 1907 - 1998

Saturday, 7 September 2013

Blanket Mania

The crochet bug has bitten me again! I picked up my lovely Lily blanket a few weeks ago determined to make big progress; suddenly I'm crochet and blanket obsessed. In the last week I've started 2 projects, both blankets and I'm gathering ideas for another two. Then there's the real need for some new crocheted dishcloths and a strong desire to start a crochet shawl with very fine silk yarn.

The first start is a Ripple Blanket, inspired by Lucy of Attic24. I'm using Rowan Fine Tweed yarn that was bought for another project and somehow felt like the perfect yarn for a cheery lap blanket for winter evenings.


Again from Attic24's tutorials and using the same selection of yarn as Lucy uses a Granny Stripe, I'm planning on this being a travel blanket for taking out and about when such a thing is needed.



1 comment:

Stel said...

Our favourite pattern! Beautiful colours there.

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment, I do read all the comments made and appreciate the time you've spent reading my blog and making your comments.