"There is an Indian proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms. A physical, an emotional, a mental and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person."

Rumer Godden 1907 - 1998

Friday, 6 September 2013

5 am

I have mixed feelings about being awake at 5 am, its stupid o'clock.

On one hand I can appreciate the silence, the opportunity to concentrate. It's a good time to think about what the day will bring and to start new projects. On the other hand I know I should be sleeping and that wakefulness and activity at such an early hour will catch up with me later on.

Despite casting on a new crochet blanket project at the weekend, I had an overwhelming need to grab a hook and some of the yarn I pulled out of my giveaway bag and cast on. Normally making a chain of exactly 240 stitches would take hours, at 5 am it took precisely 30 minutes to cast on, count and smile that I had it right. Here's the proof, a neat chain:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment, I do read all the comments made and appreciate the time you've spent reading my blog and making your comments.