"There is an Indian proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms. A physical, an emotional, a mental and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person."

Rumer Godden 1907 - 1998

Monday, 12 August 2013

Not a Lot of Knitting

I didn't get a lot of knitting done this week, when not at work DH and I have been in the garden. This sequence of photos shows what started as a trench to get an electricity supply to the shed. This has since become a major excavation project to cut terraces into the garden.

Wednesday morning, terraces marked out, some rubbish cleared:


Thursday morning, using a mini digger, top terrace cut, second terrace in progress :



Thursday night, both terraces cut, waiting for retaining walls to be built and rubbish cleared:


The top two terraces are cut and need walls to retain them to the side and front, these are being built as I type. There's then a further two terraces to be cut and we are there. As we have two builders working for two days we hope to get most of that done by the end of tomorrow.

I have finished sock one of Spring Shoots, apart the grafting. Even though it looks baggy, it fits really well and I've started sock two:



I decided I needed a new pretty knitting project bag for my sock knitting, so after a lot of searching online I decided on a bag from u-handbag. I like the lining fabric better than the exterior so I've swapped them over. Here's progress so far:



I also treated myself to Lisa's book The Bag Making Bible, which is chock full of techniques and a lovely selection of bags to make and customise, I'm already planning a few as gifts and for putting crafty projects in.

The plan this week: to complete my project bag, make progress on Spring Shoot socks and finish my planting in the front border.

6 comments:

mysparemoments.com said...

I am really enjoying the garden pictures and looking forward to seeing the progress over the next week. Great job on the sock and you mightn't mind how it looks once it fits and is comfy. I really love project bags and can't wait to see what you come up with.

sara o'sullivan said...

A little knitting is better than none at all, the sock looks fab and your garden is going to be lovely when it's finished.

aknitwithacake said...

The garden is coming on a treat. Love the socks - I shall be starting the vanilla socks this week - I keep looking at spring shoots with trepidation!!

Kim said...

Whew! After reading that top portion of your post I am exhausted. :) I think I would really be knitting than playing in all that dirt. I adore little bags and am envious of your little project bag--strangely, I would much rather just buy them than sew my own!
*smiles*

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

The garden looks like it's coming on really nicely, what a good project! And the sock looks great, glad the steeking went well.

Kepanie said...

You have quite a space to remodel there in the garden. That certainly takes hard work and dedication. Good for you. Your project bag looks really neat.

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment, I do read all the comments made and appreciate the time you've spent reading my blog and making your comments.