"There is an Indian proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms. A physical, an emotional, a mental and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person."

Rumer Godden 1907 - 1998

Sunday, 4 August 2013

FO Friday and WIPs

I had a bit of a moment last Sunday, I was convinced I had a super social week, with both knitting and quilting. Knitting was on, quilting wasn't, its in fact this week!

First up this week an FO Friday, this is Caretta Caretta socks, which I said I'd fit in at some point, cast on last Sunday evening, finished on Friday:


Next, progress on my Spring Shoots Socks, these are constructed in the most unusual way: toe up, then closed heel and finally the foot is steeked to enable an afterthought leg to be worked! The heel is then grafted together. The sock is very misshapen, for all that it looks very cheerful.



My other projects haven't moved on at all this week, so there's no other pretty knitting pictures to put up today.

In addition to my knitting wips, I also have a stack of quilting wips to work on. I'm going to take along a small quilt worked from a Craftsy class to the quilt group so I can finish the quilting. The only slight drawback is I'm not sure where I've put the rayon floss I'm quilting with! This little quilt is about 18 x 24' and is made entirely from scraps in my stash, the semi-solid green-blue is one of my own hand-dyed fabrics from about 15 years ago! Amazingly this fabric looks really good with fabrics that were bought this year.


There's no gardening progress this week, other than the purchase of another batch of plants, we had showery rain yesterday so I couldn't get outside to do any planting. Hopefully today will be a better day and there'll be pictures next week.

I thought I'd include my knitting stats each week, although I can't quite work out how to adjust last week's figures, so I've revamped it a bit. Any way seeing progress is a bit of a boost:

Total projects: 26
Cast-on: 0
Hibernating: 3
WIPS: 23
FOs: 1- using 297 yards

12 comments:

mysparemoments.com said...

Love the finished socks ! The ones on the needles are indeed so cheery. I love looking at socks that are bright and cheery they make me smile for some reason. I like your idea of stats and I like how you've laid yours out simply I may be borrowing this idea for this year also a great quick glance guide to how things are.

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

I love the fabrics in your quilt! They coordinate so well - amazing for fabrics acquired 15 years apart.

Cris Crochets said...

I am blown away that you did those socks in 5 days! Beautiful!

Carolina22 said...

Beautiful socks!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Your Caretta Carettas look great - nice and squishy! And you're making great progress on Spring Shoots. While I'm at it, that quilt is pretty gorgeous too :)

Kepanie said...

I find it super cool how you know how to make quilts.
Great sock knitting goin' on there! Hooray on your finish!

Claire said...

Kepanie, you seem to be set to no reply. Thanks for the cheer!
I've been quilt-making almost as long as I've been knitting, most of my quilts are machine pieced so its not as easy to be sociable when I'm using the machine

aknitwithacake said...

Love your finished socks and the spring shoots sound interesting - steeking fills me with dread so am looking forward to seeing the finished article!

Marsha said...

Multi talented lady, you are. Love the finished socks and the spring shoot socks are coming along nicely. I have done a few pair where you cut the middle of the sock for the leg. Scared the dickens out of me the first time. After that..........no big whoop. Your quilts are wonderful and look so cheery.

Kim said...

Wow! You are a fast sock knitter, but the second pair seems a bit high maintenance for socks--steeking?? Yikes! I adore quilts and wish I was talented in that area, but I don't have the time or space to take that up. Your is simple beautiful!
*smiles*

Keri said...

Socks in five days! That's amazing.

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

Wow, a pair of patterned socks in a week! I couldn't even do plain socks in a week! And they look great.

I love the quilt, it's really pretty

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment, I do read all the comments made and appreciate the time you've spent reading my blog and making your comments.