"There is an Indian proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms. A physical, an emotional, a mental and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person."

Rumer Godden 1907 - 1998

Sunday, 30 June 2013

A Year of Projects

I've been away from blogging for close to 2 months, lots of family events and renovating the house and garden has kept me busy.

2013 is my year to have the freedom to make what I want, I've got lots of lovely projects hanging around in my studio. There's a group on Ravelry- there's link in my sidebar- that documents a year of projects via their blogs which starts tomorrow, July 1st. My list will build up as the year goes on, will cover all the crafts I love and a bit of the garden renovation too. I'm jotting down ideas for the first quarter.

The basic premise behind my list is to use tools I already own, materials from my stashes and to use patterns from my library, or design my own creations. To try and make a dent in my yarn stash, I plan to use a skein of fingering/ sock weight yarn each month and a pattern from my Ravelry library

First up on my 2013/14 list is a Ravelry knitalong hosted by Kristen Kapur. It runs July to September featuring her lovely shawl designs, I've chosen Unsinkable and some gorgeous yarn from my stash. The question is, do I stay up late tonight or get up early tomorrow to cast on?


Other projects from Ravelry on the list for July through to September:

  • A couple of shawls from the lovely Boo Knits, Resolute Shawl and Sweet Dreams
  • Renaissance Shawl, designed by Little Green Dragon
  • Lyra, designed by Herbert Niebling- I may not finish this one in the first quarter
  • Wedding Ring Shawl by Sharon Miller- I'm not aiming to finish this, I'm aiming for regular progress

6 comments:

mysparemoments.com said...

Gorgeous yarn and pattern, looking forward to seeing it take shape on your blog.

Crochet by Conroy said...

Unsinkable is a beautiful pattern. My curiosity is piqued by the Renaissance Shawl, I love going to the renaissance festival when I visit home in the August.

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

I love the yarn, and I'm going to have a similar aim as you, I have so much knitting stuff and amazing patterns, and I want to try use some of them this year!

Sam I Am...... said...

I copied your quote at the top of your page.....beautiful and so true...also, not easy!
Beautiful yarn to make your shawl. I must have missed something in my DNA because I don't get the popularity of the shawls. I guess I move around too much other than for my shoulders at night in the Winter when I've turned down the heat and I'm reading in bed. But I can appreciate their beauty and they look like they would be fun to knit.
I wish I could get caught up in the whole "shawl revolution" but alas...as of now it hasn't grabbed me! LOL! I guess I should be grateful as so many other projects have. Good to have you here! I look forward to seeing all your projects.

Kim said...

I wish I could entertain the idea of knitting that many shawls in such a short time span! They are all lovely-and Unsinkable is fabulous-and may or may not have made onto my list of future projects...the yarn is going to be so very striking!
*smiles*

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Wow Unsinkable is a gorgeous pattern, and what lovely yarn you've chosen for it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment, I do read all the comments made and appreciate the time you've spent reading my blog and making your comments.