"There is an Indian proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms. A physical, an emotional, a mental and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person."

Rumer Godden 1907 - 1998

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

WIP Wednesday

Leona  over at My Quilting Adventure recommended a great book during a blog hop post a week or so ago. It sounded like it might be just what I need to give me a different approach to creating my own blocks.

Remember this pile of blocks? I posted about the difficulties I was having due to the irregular size of the cut strips. My plan was to do as a couple of readers suggested and to stitch the blocks together without worrying about variable sizes and then trim them to straighten the edges without worrying about size or shape.



The arrival of this book: "Thinking Outside the Block" an hour or so ago has given me the desire to do a bit more than was suggested. This book is lovely, packed with ideas, illustrations and inspirations that make me want to take these blocks further. I can't wait to finish work, drag a few fabrics out of my stash, open the book and give these blocks a makeover.

Welcome to my WIP Wednesday! Linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

5 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Can't wait to see the top... Keep us posted.

knitnkwilt said...

I started to follow your blog so I'd be sure to see the results when book meets blocks. And because your name is "Claire." :-) Claire aka knitnkwilt

Sabrina said...

I'm sure whatever you come up with will look amazing!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

fantastic color

Renee said...

Glad you were able to find inspiration! The colors are beautiful, so I'm sure the quilt will be too!

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment, I do read all the comments made and appreciate the time you've spent reading my blog and making your comments.