"There is an Indian proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms. A physical, an emotional, a mental and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person."

Rumer Godden 1907 - 1998

Wednesday, 24 April 2013

WIP Wednesday- Le Challenge and The Creative Habit

Welcome to my WIP Wednesday.
I missed not taking part last week, posting about what I'm working on is a very helpful way of making and marking progress.

The theme this time round on Le Challenge is "wings". My piece is well underway, I'm making use of my embroidery machine to embellish some strip piecing as the background to my piece. I'll then start building up the rest of my design, I'm not revealing any more until reveal day on the Le Challenge blog on May 15th.



My other WIP this week is a read along, the book is one of my favourite books about creativity "The Creative Habit" by Twyla Tharp, check out the details of this at Fibra Artysta. The read-along started last Sunday so there's still time to join in and be at the same point as other folks taking part.

In the first chapter Tharp talks about a "white room" which is her dance studio. Its the place she needs to be to create new dances. Lynn posed a question about what our white room is. For me it's about getting my head in the right place to be creative, I need to have an uninterrupted internal dialogue that enables me to leave the everyday behind and get into a creative frame of mind. Monday to Friday, its the daily commute from work, interestingly the Friday commute home seems to set me up for the weekend.

Linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment, I do read all the comments made and appreciate the time you've spent reading my blog and making your comments.