"There is an Indian proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms. A physical, an emotional, a mental and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person."

Rumer Godden 1907 - 1998

Monday, 15 April 2013

Le Challenge- Geometrics

Last day for posting to Le Challenge for April, the theme was geometrics.

My offering, still a wip as it needs to be quilted is a silk star medallion- the challenge is the word silk! Trying to stop this very gorgeous shot dupion from fraying everytime I touched it and from wandering all over the place as I stitched it was very challenging.

The next challenge for me and this piece will be some FMQ quilting.


Linking to Le Challenge

7 comments:

Nat at Made in Home said...

You made it out of silk! How amazing! Thanks for sharing on le challenge! Love the star block, what pattern did yu use?

Mack and Mabel said...

Hi, Just stopping by to say "hello" via Le Challenge.
I love the block. You are so brave using silk. It looks wonderful.. it must feel so soft :)

Claire said...

Thank you.
It's the practise block from the Lucky Stars BOM

Henry's Shed said...

Wow! It is lovely! And silk! Wow! Good luck with the quilting :)

Amanda K said...

I bet that is a challenge. It's beautiful though.

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

I'm so impressed you did that... and in silk!! beautiful! Thanks for linking up :)

Janine said...

This is really beautiful! I would have found it challenging enough with cotton fabric :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment, I do read all the comments made and appreciate the time you've spent reading my blog and making your comments.