"There is an Indian proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms. A physical, an emotional, a mental and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person."

Rumer Godden 1907 - 1998

Wednesday, 27 March 2013

WIP Wednesday

My current WIPs are coming along nicely.

I'm making steady progress with my Honeycomb Stitch- Along pillow. The embroidery will be finished today as will cutting out the remaining pieces and I may well start the machine piecing. The embroidered bees are a lovely touch, and even without the final details they look lifelike. Once I finish cutting the pieces for this, I'll be able to assess if I have enough fabric over to use for one of the BOMs I purchased yesterday.


My millwheel quilt is coming along nicely too, the strips for the centres are all made, and the other 36 strips are taking shape too. I'm almost at the stage where I can lay a few strips and some of the squares that make up the strips out on the table and move them about to see how they look. The fabric is Kate Spain's Cuzco for Moda.



I'm also going to continue with drafting some traditional blocks in a different way until I come up with a design for the fabrics I mentioned at the start of March. I've played about with Storm at Sea and Corn and Beans, I have a few potential blocks from my playing. Next on the list is trying to expand a star block by adding a half repeat to one side.

I'm going to have a lovely super busy WIP Wednesday! Linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

Maria dolores Lopez godoy said...

Wow, you a very creative, is a great work, congratulations. Kisses from Spain.

http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

Kymberly said...

It's my first time visiting (coming from WIP Wednesday) so maybe you've answered this question in other posts. How exactly does your Mill Wheel quilt work? Are there several blocks like what you've shown or does it build like an Around the World type quilt and just keep adding rounds of HSTs?

The Thompsons said...

What fun hexies!

Claire said...

Thanks for dropping by! I haven't been asked this before, my mill wheel quilt will be nine of the blocks I've shown sewn together without sashing, I'll probably add a couple of borders around this, maybe one plain and one pieced.

I hadn't thought about building up further rows of HSTs, that's such a great idea.

Ellie said...

Love the millwheel block! Let me know if you have a Millwheel-along!

Sewing Mom said...

How cool. I'm just making some hexies for the first time ever. I love your Cuzco block...one of these days, when I get to touch my fabric, I'll be working with cuzco too. =)

factotum-of-arts.com said...

I love the block - the Kate Spain's Cuzco for Moda is very cool.

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment, I do read all the comments made and appreciate the time you've spent reading my blog and making your comments.