"There is an Indian proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms. A physical, an emotional, a mental and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person."

Rumer Godden 1907 - 1998

Monday, 18 March 2013

WIP Wednesday

We had lovely guests yesterday which prevented me linking up with Sew Sunday over on Fairy Merry,  I managed to cut a very small pile of 4.5 inch squares towards enough scrappy Mill Wheel block from Jinny Beyer's The Quilter's Album of Blocks and Borders to make a lap quilt. My blocks will be 20 inches square, so I figure I'll make 4 of these, then add a strip of sashing and finally use a partial block to make a border.

Instead this is this week's WIP with Freshly Pieced, I've been cutting squares and machining the centre strips of my blocks together, and I'm about to start on a stack of HSTs next. The fabric is Moda's Cuzco by Kate Spain with assorted white on whites as background.



My reading list as I find projects and interesting tutorials is getting very very long- there's so many lovely projects and ideas out there. I'm planning an extra long weekend over Easter to give me some time to play about with some of what I've found and bookmarked.

As Google Reader is closing, in common with many other bloggers I'm looking for alternatives and I'm trying out Bloglovin.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

there are some lovely fabrics in those squares- can't wait to see what's next!

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment, I do read all the comments made and appreciate the time you've spent reading my blog and making your comments.