"There is an Indian proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms. A physical, an emotional, a mental and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person."

Rumer Godden 1907 - 1998

Wednesday, 13 March 2013

WIP Wednesday - Honeycomb Pillow

My first WIP Wednesday!

I fell in love with this delightful pillow a couple of days ago over on a new to me blog Echinops and Asters. It's a cheerful well designed pillow, combining a number of techniques in a single project, ideal for brushing up on skills I learned circa 1980!  After a day of indecision on Sunday, I put together a bunch of fabrics from my stash in warm autumnal shades:



The first stage in making the cushion is English Paper Piecing, which I last did about 30 years go, and I'd forgotten how easy making paper pieced hexagons was. I made and joined the 10 hexagons needed in an evening.

My hexes are pinned in place ready for me to sew this evening:




Linking to this week's post at WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

5 comments:

Leanne Parsons said...

I love your colours. Looks like a great project.

Mareenchen said...

It's great to see this in a different set of colours and prints. Enjoy your first WIP Wednesday and brushing up those skills!

Mina said...

Looks great. I am working with hexies too. Maybe I will try making a pillow

Claire said...

Thanks for the comments, they're very much appreciated.

Amy said...

Hexagons can be addictive. I love the colors you are using.

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment, I do read all the comments made and appreciate the time you've spent reading my blog and making your comments.